Mission and Vision Print E-mail
The Turkish Cultural Center is a non-profit organization devoted to the promotion of Turkish Culture and Language in Connecticut and in the United States of America. The Turkish Cultural Center strengthens the cultural and educational ties between the people of the United States and Turkey. We aim to make a significant contribution to national and global peace and security by sharing Turkey’s heritage of tolerance and understanding.
Mission and Vision
Turkish Cultural Center Connecticut is a proud member of Turkic American Council (aka. Council of Turkic American Associations), an umbrella organization for all Turkic-American associations in the New England area, with a view to promoting, preserving and supporting the rich cultural heritage of the Turkic-American community by organizing cultural festivals, art exhibits, intercultural conferences and programs.
1. Engage Turkish-Americans and their neighbors in dialogue.
2. Network within and across communities and cultural organizations.
3. Connect Turkish-Americans with resources: agencies, educational facilities, and cultural institutions which specialize in meeting the needs of a particular cultural population.
4. Create a forum to discuss current events and pressing issues.
5. Unite the Turkish American Community, spatially, emotionally, and spiritually.
6. Welcome incoming Turkish Americans to Connecticut.
7. Educate people in Cultural Awareness and Personal Development.
Energizing the Cultural Life
The Turkish Cultural Center organizes educational and cultural activities such as art exhibits, concerts, trips, children activities, movie screenings, lectures, seminars, dinners, language courses, workshops, library events and informational programs about Turkey and Turkish culture, throughout placing special emphasis on dialogue, peace, and environmental issues.
The Turkish Cultural Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical handicap.
Turkish Business Council
Turkish American Women Society